Big Brothers Big Sisters Miami Valley seeks a Community Impact and Engagement Manager who will support the development and implementation of comprehensive volunteer mentor (Big) recruitment strategies, foster and maintain intentional, like-minded community partnerships as well as provide best-in-class volunteer service to support our mission.
In this role, you will increase the volume and strengthen the diversity of volunteer inquiries. The Community Impact and Engagement Manager will cultivate and maintain relationships and identify opportunities to support recruitment objectives. They will have excellent presentation and partnership development skills with a robust knowledge of the Miami Valley corporate, private sector, community, and philanthropic landscape.
• Reporting to the CEO, support the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to deliver on volunteer recruitment objectives
• Maintain a monthly recruitment and community engagement calendar and dashboard to support the ongoing refinement of volunteer recruitment strategies
• Identify and steward key relationships within the business community, civic groups and community-based organizations to aid and advance the BBBSMV mission by developing a robust partner network and strong volunteer mentor pipeline that represents the gender, racial/ethnic, sexual orientation and cultural diversity of our mentee (Little) community
• Assist with the execution of general and customized volunteer mentor information sessions both virtually and in-person as well as plan, organize and execute volunteer recruitment and community related programming and events
• Create compelling and on-brand outreach content, presentations, and promotional materials
• Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm, and innovation to the agency
• 3-5 years of successful experience in business/partnership development
• Community organizing, sales, volunteer recruitment or outcomes-based campaign management and/or Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or related field
• Demonstrated expertise in business/partnership development, community organizing, sales, volunteer recruitment or outcomes-based campaign management
• Strong interpersonal skills with natural ability to connect people with causes and engage them to act. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Entrepreneurial, resourceful, and persistent
• Places high value on customer service and follow through. Goal-oriented with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Team player with desire to innovate and collaborate
• Strong organizational skills with ability to continuously improve systems, procedures, and protocols
• Ability to travel across the Miami Valley area and support events, training and information
sessions during evenings and weekends as needed
• Passion for positive youth development, alignment with BBBS mission and vision as well as
strong desire to impact our community through volunteerism and collective action
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and digital/social media platforms
• Excellent database management and presentation skills. Salesforce experience a plus
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.