SAFETY FROM THE START
MAKING THE BEST POSSIBLE MATCH BETWEEN LITTLE AND BIG IS CRITICAL TO THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF A CHILD.
Before we begin the matching process, we start by thoroughly screening potential Bigs.
Big Brothers Big Sisters National Standards of Excellence require each volunteer to complete an extensive screening process that includes:
- Completion of a formal written application
- Background and reference checks
- An in-person interview
- An orientation and training process that outlines the individualized needs of your child and provides information and resources on how to encourage your child’s development
Big Brothers Big Sisters also provides child safety tips to you and your child, and we welcome your questions and feedback. Throughout the life of the match, our professional staff will be in ongoing communication with you, your child, and your child’s Big. It’s the best way to build a strong relationship that will have the greatest impact on your child’s future success.
BBBS MIAMI VALLEY
REAL LIFE STORIES
- KATHY AND LIZZY Thanks to Kathy, Lizzy has someone to talk to. Lizzy was referred to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Miami Valley by […]
- TAMI AND AMY Big Sister Tami was matched with Amy in 2011, when Tami, a teacher, was looking to mentor somewhere that she could develop a […]
- LUKE AND TREVOR Big Brother Luke and Little Brother Trevor were matched in the fall of 2014. The two met weekly for lunch and a game […]