BIGS AND LITTLES IN THE COMMUNITY-BASED PROGRAM GO ON ONE-TO-ONE OUTINGS AND ACTIVITIES, DOING THINGS THEY ENJOY TOGETHER, LIKE:
- Attending a Dayton Dragons game or other sporting event
- Taking a walk in the park
- Going to the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery or another museum
- Hanging out and talking
- Listening to music
Some Bigs meet their Littles on the weekends or in the evenings. Each match is unique and develops a schedule that works for them.
To start using drugs than their peers who are not enrolled in the program.
ROLE MODELS MAKE AN IMPACT
Studies show that children who have role models are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol and more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends. Students who are successful in school are less likely to drop out, abuse drugs, or commit crimes.
BIGS WITH BADGES
Bigs with Badges is a one-to-one mentoring program that connects youth with police in the Dayton community, building strong, trusting, lasting relationships. These relationships can help children develop into confident adults and help build stronger bonds between law enforcement and the families they serve. Contact Logan Swafford for more information.
BBBS MIAMI VALLEY
- Jeff “JB” Brown was selected as the Big of the Miami Valley. JB met 12-year-old, Giovanni in January of 2015. They hit it off right away, […]
- Dear Friends and Supporters, This week has brought challenges for all of us, across the country and right here in the Miami Valley. Yet, as I […]
- DAYTON, OH June 26, 2020 – Big Brothers Big Sisters Miami Valley (BBBSMV) is the recipient of a Quality Award recognizing the dedication of agency leadership and […]