LITTLES ENJOY HAVING THEIR BIG MEET WITH THEM AT SCHOOL WHETHER IT'S IN THE CLASSROOM OR ON THE PLAYGROUND.
Bigs and Littles can enjoy school activities, like:
- Working on homework
- Reading together
- Shooting hoops in the gym
- Playing on the playground
- Talking about what they’re doing in class
LITTLES HAVE SPENT 12,578 HOURS READING WITH THEIR BIG
LEARNING ABOUT LIFE
Although it takes place at schools, our School-Based Mentoring program isn’t limited to the classroom. Of course, some Littles do talk with their Bigs about class, or do homework, or read together, but it’s perfectly fine to shoot hoops in the gym or play on the playground. At the end of the day, it’s really all about starting a friendship, providing guidance and inspiring them to reach their potential.
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we have tremendous confidence in our ability to impact children and put them on the right path. But it means even more when an outside study comes to the same conclusion. Click to learn more about our Nationwide School-Based Mentoring Study.
HIGH SCHOOL BIGS
High school students make great Bigs because they know firsthand the challenges facing today's youth and can help our Littles navigate some of these challenges and make good choices in their lives. These students spend time in the classroom with our Littles, helping them with homework or assignments, playing games, reading books, or just offering their time to listen and give advice.
BBBS MIAMI VALLEY
- DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Department of Justice has awarded a $40,000 federal grant to Big Brothers Big Sisters Miami Valley Chapter. “Every dollar is important,” […]
- 2nd grader, Parker, needed a role model. He recently lost his father, and he was struggling academically and socially. Ben, a Piqua High School student was […]
- Jeff “JB” Brown was selected as the Big of the Miami Valley. JB met 12-year-old, Giovanni in January of 2015. They hit it off right away, […]