INVEST IN THEIR POTENTIAL
MAKE A DONATION
BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG
Standing with us to defend the potential of youth is as easy as pushing a button. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Last year your financial support helps us provide our programs and services to 528 children in Greene, Miami, Montgomery, and Preble counties. Together, we can develop more college grads, community leaders, and entrepreneurs.
OF OUR LITTLES
Are less likely to skip school. Research shows that our mentoring works. Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives.
WE WON'T SELL YOUR INFORMATION
Big Brothers Big Sisters will not share or sell a donor's personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS US:
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks, while ensuring trained professionals match Littles to responsible Bigs
- Enable ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little and Little’s family
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
WAYS TO DONATE
A TAILORED APPROACH
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we appreciate all supporters, from donors to volunteers to advocates. Your donations help us make and sustain matches between Bigs and Littles – and instantly make you a part of our family. We can help you tailor a gift to meet your unique situation.
To learn more about ways to donate, contact us.
QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTIONS
When you make a distribution from an IRA directly to us, it counts toward your required minimum distribution for the year and avoids the 50% excise tax penalty. You'll also avoid paying income tax on the distributions.
Name BBBS as a beneficiary of your new or existing life insurance policy. You will receive an immediate tax deduction of the approximate cash surrender value of the policy. All premium payments made thereafter are deductible as a charitable contribution.
SALE OF A BUSINESS
Charitable contributions can be used to reduce income tax burden from the sales of business and leave a legacy of goodwill in your community. There are multiple options for donors who are selling their business but the key is to plan their charitable gifts ahead of the sale.
GIFTS OF STOCK
Stocks, bonds, or any other securities can be transferred as gifts. If the stock has appreciated in value, the holder can avoid paying the capital gains tax by giving it as a gift.
GIFTS THAT PROVIDE INCOME
You can get an immediate income tax deduction, a guaranteed payment you can count on for life for you or a loved one, and leave a legacy that will support kids in your community forever.
If you make BBBS a beneficiary of your retirement account (401(k), IRA, 403(b)), it can be an easy way to make a legacy gift without modifying an estate plan.These are advantageous types of assets to leave to charity because they can be taxed heavily when left to heirs.
BBBS MIAMI VALLEY
REAL LIFE STORIES
- JARROD AND CAVEN “It’s just as fulfilling for me as it is for him.” These words, spoken by 2014 Local Big Brother of the Year Jarrod […]
- JOHN AND LORENZ A firefighter turned big brother, John helps anyone he can. John was a firefighter prior to his interest in Big Brothers Big Sisters […]
- LUKE AND TREVOR Big Brother Luke and Little Brother Trevor were matched in the fall of 2014. The two met weekly for lunch and a game […]