BIGS AND LITTLES IN THE COMMUNITY-BASED PROGRAM GO ON ONE-TO-ONE OUTINGS AND ACTIVITIES, DOING THINGS THEY ENJOY TOGETHER, LIKE:
- Attending a Dayton Dragons game or other sporting event
- Taking a walk in the park
- Going to the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery or another museum
- Hanging out and talking
- Listening to music
Some Bigs meet their Littles on the weekends or in the evenings. Each match is unique and develops a schedule that works for them.
BIGS AND LITTLES IN THE COMMUNITY-BASED PROGRAM GO ON ONE-TO-ONE OUTINGS AND ACTIVITIES, DOING THINGS THEY ENJOY TOGETHER.
ROLE MODELS MAKE AN IMPACT
Studies show that children who have role models are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends, and less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. Students who are successful in school are less likely to drop out, abuse drugs, or commit crimes.
BIGS WITH BADGES
Bigs with Badges is a one-to-one mentoring program that connects youth with police in the Dayton community, building strong, trusting, lasting relationships. These relationships can help children develop into confident adults and help build stronger bonds between law enforcement and the families they serve.
BBBS MIAMI VALLEY
- You don’t want to miss the 2nd Annual Bright Nights! All proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring programs. One evening of fun creates a lifetime of […]
- As 2017 comes to a close, you can help close the mentoring gap. All contributions made through December 31, 2017 will be matched, dollar for dollar, […]
- January is National Mentoring Month where we honor mentors and bring awareness to the importance of mentoring. Meet Big Brother JB and Little Brother Giovanni and […]